Lucy teaches children and adults tools and skills for performing with more poise and ease – in Sheffield S11 and Manchester M4.
Please contact her for more information or to set up your-pre consultation phone call stating which city you are in.
Sheffield Alexander Studio
Nether Green, Sheffield, S11 7FA
Hello and Welcome
I am Lucy Ascham, I came to the work in 1989 as a musician with stage fright and have been teaching for nearly two decades. My Alexander Technique practice was established in 2003 and covers Sheffield and Manchester. I am a fully certified, insured member of STAT.
Do you experience poor posture, aches and pains which limit what you are able to do in any day? Are you looking for a lasting answer to these problems? Have you tried various treatments and therapies and nothing has worked in the long term? Do you want to discover a process to address the root of your back and neck pain?
Would you love to play, sing or perform with more poise and ease? Read on because there is information here to help you release unwanted tension so that you can sit, breathe, stand, carry and perform with more fluidity, power and ease.
I have a dedicated Studio upstairs at 9 Armthorpe Road, Nethergreen, Sheffield, S11 7FA.
Children under 16 will need to have an adult stay with them. As learning is done through imitation and repetition, its best to learn together.
Lessons are like music or language classes and need practice outside the sessions to be most effective (20 minutes per day). Have you ever heard of the opera singer Pavarotti? He had singing lessons each week until shortly before he died. He knew the power of having a mentor, someone to show him the parts he was too close to notice in himself. I provide all the unique process, please just wear comfortable clothing and come ready to learn, and be surprised and discover more about yourself.
Learning is tailored for your individual needs, activities and interests.
Some of the benefits of investing in a course of lessons include:
- reduce back, neck and shoulder pain
- prevent joint deterioration
- increase flexibility, stamina and energy
- improve circulation and breathing
- maintain balance and poise
- reduce stress
- look and feel more confident
- increaser stature and presence
- cultivate a healthy, positive attitude
- learn tools and skills for life.
What I offer
- A free pre-consultation call by phone, to see if I am the best person for you to work with. 15 minutes
- A free assessment consultation, time to meet me, share the challenges you currently face, and see if you are ready to go on a learning journey with me and see if we want to work together. No obligations. 30 minutes
- I offer one to one, blocks of 10 Lessons to address your particular challenges and desired outcome. This work is done using a variety of activities to offer training in these important life skills. Weekly lessons during term time / 10 lesson at 50 minutes each.
- Individual monthly tuning up and maintenance sessions. 50 mins
Call Lucy now …
Studio: 0114 230 7980
Mobile: 07949 522 655
… get started
Since 2003 I have helped hundreds of clients to learn a process to find a lasting answer to their musculoskeletal pain – primarily in neck, back and shoulders using my unique approach I have developed.
My unique approach:
- identify the causes of your aches and pains – and what you can do about it
- re-learn how your body works
- reduce tension and release energy
- restore harmony, integrity and healing to your body-mind system
- transform painful posture into freedom and poise using my unique safe, gentle and guiding touch
- easy exercises and everyday movements to strengthen your body, nervous system and emotional resilience.
A 5 minute video tour of Lucy and my Studio in Sheffield. Here you can see the space you could come and work in, some of the equipment I use and get a chance to meet me in action.
If you are one of the many people who is looking to take more responsibility for your health – get in touch and take the next step and learn these self-care skills.
The choice of activity is yours – the principles remain the same.